5/24/2010

First Impressions

We went to see "Robin Hood" this afternoon and I thought it was quite well done for what it was. I was happy to see some real history thrown into the mix. That being said, I'm not going into a review of the film but I do want to mention the closing credits. I can't seem to find a video of them online but they were certainly unexpected. Scenes from the film played out in moving oil paints. It was very interesting and I quite enjoyed it. I started to think about some of my favorite opening and closing credits from films and I immediately thought of the opening from "The Fall". If you haven't seen this film, rent it!! It's one of the most exquisite films I've ever seen and I'd like to think that's saying something. The opening is just beautiful. This YouTube format does not do it ANY justice but in the cinema it was breathtaking. The slow motion, the editing, the narrative, and the simplicity and historical reference of the black and white make this my favorite film opening. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!